About Diploma in Policing and Investigation
The Diploma in Policing and Investigation (DPI) is a diploma programme that is specially developed with the objective of providing students with the necessary knowledge and skills in relation to its four core elements of Policing, Investigation, Enforcement and Law.
Although there are similar programmes being offered by other higher education institutions, this programme is different from the others in several aspects. Not only is this programme developed by academicians who have experience in teaching and learning, it is also designed by and with the cooperation of related industry experts. Hence, the structure of this programme, including the courses, teaching-learning strategies and materials, is in line with the real knowledge and practices of the industry which gives its students practical values as needed by the industry.
About the Lecturers
This programme will be taught by lecturers with solid experience from the enforcement and legal industries, including current serving and/or retired police officers and public prosecutors. Lecturers with relevant experience and academic qualifications are also engaged to teach in this programme. We ensure that all our lecturers are well qualified and equipped with active teaching permits issued by the Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE).
Students will be given career guidance throughout their study in order to ensure they will be equipped with right and latest knowledge and skills as real practice by the industry. Students will be exposed to related organization like enforcement agencies and legal agencies or place as related with the subjects. Besides, students will also have to do internship for the last semester and highly be placed at those organizations.
- a) Public Sector
- Enforcement Agencies such as Polis Diraja Malaysia, Jabatan Pengangkutan Jalan, Agensi Anti Dadah Kebangsaan, Jabatan Kastam Diraja Malaysia, Jabatan Imigresen Malaysia, Jabatan Agama, Pihak Berkuasa Tempatan and more.
- b) Private Sector
- Security Companies, Tourism Agencies, Banks, Shopping Complexes, Auxiliary Police, Security Consultant/Manager and more.
*Subjected to terms and conditions of the organizations
Highlights @ Cyberlynx
- All students of Cyberlynx can be part of the Football Academy and be trained under a national football coach
- In the 7th semester, learn from the internship placement training with our industrial partners and reap the beneﬁts of being in a real-world environment.
- Take advantage of the weekend classes to ensure a balanced work-study schedule for those looking to upskill themselves.
- You will also beneﬁt from exclusive access to well-equipped futsal, football and tennis courts across Kuala Lumpur and Selangor.
- Bursaries up to 40% are available.
- Malaysian students would also be eligible to apply for a PTPTN loan of up to 100% of the tuition.
- The college is located in Petaling Jaya and is in proximity to sumptuous eateries, entertainment, and most importantly two LRT stations.
- Cyberlynx will aid in ﬁnding accommodation close to the college. Outstation students can stay at the college accommodation, worry-free!
- Cyberlynx offers students a “Job Guarantee Scheme” upon completion of course.
What Will I Study?
In order to ensure the quality of this programme and the delivery of its subjects, effective teaching and learning strategies have been developed with the assistance of industry experts, to prepare and provide graduates with practical and relevant competencies. Examples are the provision of crime scene simulations and the conducting of moot court, giving students hands-on knowledge and skills in a practical scenario.
In addition, there are also seminars and ﬁeld visits to give students a different perspective and a clearer picture on the subjects they are learning. They will have the added advantage of getting ﬁrst-hand exposure to prepare themselves to join the industry in the related discipline upon completion of studies.
- Pass SPM/SPMV with minimum 3 credits in any subject
- Pass UEC with at least Grade B in 3 subjects
- Pass O-Level with at least Grade C in 3 subjects
- Pass SKM Level 3 in the related discipline & Pass SPM with at least 1 credit in any subject
- Pass Sijil Kolej Komuniti similar with Level 3 MQF in the related discipline & Pass SPM with at least 1 credit in any subject
- Pass certiﬁcate (Level 3 MQF) in the related discipline with at least CGPA 2.00
- Pass STPM or similar with at least Grade C (NGMP 2.0) in 1 subject
- Pass STAM (maqbul)
Fees & Bursaries
- PTPTN Loan Up To 100%
- Up to 40% Bursaries offered for all courses